Went to the doctor on Monday. Just our normal routine follow up, to talk about our progress?...
Well, I'm not pregnant, to say the least. I did ovulate, as expected. Which IS still good news. We also found out that Adam has a very good um...count. So, why are we not conceiving? I'm ovulating and his swimmers are perfect. I don't know.
We expected this past month to be the last round of Clomid for us. However, that wasn't the case. He gave us the option to try it again before having so more tests ran on me. He thinks I should have a Hysteroscopy done to check out my uterus and fallopian tubes to see if there is some sort of obstruction interfering with us conceiving. After reading about it, I'm kind of uneasy about having this done. It doesn't sound pleasant, and my sister in law had it done. She said it was painful. I'm also not sure if my insurance will cover this procedure. Which will probably be the deciding factor. I know it needs to be done regardless, even if we weren't trying to have a baby, I should probably know if my reproductive organs are in working order and don't have anything seriously wrong.
For those of you who are not familiar with a Hysteroscopy... you're not alone. I never even heard of it until Monday. Anyway, this is what it is according to WebMD:
Hysteroscopy
A hysteroscopy is a way for your doctor to look at the lining of your uterus. He or she uses a thin viewing tool called a hysteroscope. The tip of the hysteroscope is put into your vagina and gently moved through the cervix into the uterus. The hysteroscope has a light and camera hooked to it so your doctor can see the lining (endometrium) on a video screen.
A hysteroscopy may be done to find the cause of abnormal bleeding or bleeding that occurs after a woman has passed menopause. It also may be done to see if a problem in your uterus is preventing you from becoming pregnant (infertility). A hysteroscopy can be used to remove growths in the uterus, such as fibroids or polyps.
Your doctor may take a small sample of tissue (biopsy). The sample is looked at under a microscope for problems. Another surgery, called a laparoscopy, may also be done at the same time as a hysteroscopy if infertility is a problem.
You may be given a medicine (sedative) to relax you for the test, or general, regional, or local anesthesia can be used. Your doctor will discuss this with you.
If you are going to have general anesthesia, you will need to stop eating and drinking before the test. Follow the instructions exactly about when to stop eating and drinking, or your surgery may be canceled. If your doctor has instructed you to take your medicines on the day of surgery, do so using only a sip of water.
Arrange to have someone drive you home the day of the test in case you are given a sedative.
You will be asked to sign a consent form before the test. Talk to your doctor about any concerns you have regarding the need for the test, its risks, how it will be done, or what the results will mean. To help you understand the importance of this test, fill out the medical test information form(What is a PDF document?).
The hospital or surgery center may send you instructions on how to get ready for your surgery, or a nurse may call you with instructions before your surgery.
How it is done
A hysteroscopy is usually done by your gynecologist in the operating room of a hospital or surgery center. Most women go home the same day. In some cases, the hysteroscopy can be done in your doctor’s office.
You may be given medicine (anesthesia) to help you relax, to numb the area, or to help you sleep.
You will take off all of your clothes and wear a gown for the test. You will empty your bladder before the test. You will then lie on your back on an examination table with your feet raised and supported by footrests (stirrups).
Your doctor will put an instrument with smooth, curved blades (speculum) into your vagina. The speculum gently spreads apart the vaginal walls so your doctor can see inside the vagina and the cervix. See a picture of a pelvic examination with a speculum. Your vagina will be cleaned with a special soap.
The hysteroscope will be placed at the entrance to your vagina and gently moved through the cervix into your uterus. A gas or liquid will be put through the hysteroscope into your uterus to help your doctor see the lining clearly. Your doctor looks through the hysteroscope at a magnified view of the lining of your uterus. Your doctor can also see the uterine openings of the fallopian tubes. A video screen may be used during the test.
It takes approximately 30 minutes. Afterward you will be taken to a recovery area where you may stay between 1-4 hours.
Yikes, see why I am not interested?
Okay, on a brighter note I had Thursday off, and loved it. Adam and I picked up our checks...jackpot! ;) lol. They were better than we expected. I had to buy new foundation so we did that, they also had a buy one get one half off deal on them so I got two and used a coupon and I basically got the 2nd one for $1.00. Then we went to the eye doctor. We both had exams. The dr told Adam he needed to be in corrective lenses, long ago. We knew this. His eyes are awful. Which is odd because he had Lasik Eye Surgery, apparently it didn't work as well as we hoped. It was also done in 2004/05. So maybe his eyesight got worse? He got a prescription for contact lenses. I have amazing eye sight, as I knew this. I did get reading glasses which are helpful when... you guessed it...reading! Among other things, computer, writing, watching tv, etc. It helps me to not lose focus.
Then I picked up round 7 of Clomid. Got lunch, and went and purchased hair color and a new nail polish bottle. Which ultimately ended up being free because of the coupon the lady at the counter gave me. Home we go!
Of course though we had to go back to town.. Adam was in "need" of cigarettes and gas. I wanted to pick up some things at Walmart so we also did that and picked up beer. We went to Olive Garden a few weeks ago and Adam had ordered a glass of wine. The guy was out of the one he ordered so he offered him a different one called Roscato. Amazing. Very sweet red wine with light carbonation. I loved it. I wanted to buy some so we went to the wine store... They didn't have it. It may be an "Olive Garden Exclusive" And, you can only buy wine there if you have at least one glass of it at their restaurant. Anyway, I settled for a bottle of Allure, pink champagne. It was good, a little too bubbly for me though.
Okay, this post has been LONG ENOUGH.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment